Posted on 01/07/19
Position: Retail Butcher
Department: Oakland Butcher Shop
The Marin Sun Farms Retail Butcher ensures that all meat preparation and presentation meet MSF’s specifications and commitment to quality, while reducing any potentially lost product or work time. The Retail Butcher is responsible for upholding all standards of sanitation in the cutting room and cooler, and for assisting with retail sales, customer service and special orders as needed, as well as safeguarding company assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Perform all butchery duties – cutting, packaging, and special orders – from breaking whole animals to cutting primals into retail cuts.
· Maintain the highest levels of sanitation, cleanliness and organization.
· Maintain timely and accurate production. Jobs completed to time, cost and quality standards.
· Minimize waste by using appropriate product-rotation systems, accurate cutting and labeling.
· Use all butchery tools and equipment in accordance with the established standards.
· Communicate all tasks workflow status to other shifts and team members, as needed.
· Assist OAK Retail Sales Associates with customer service, register operation and sales, as needed.
· Assist with proper storing and receiving of product, as needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities, as instructed by General Manager.
About Marin Sun Farms- At Marin Sun Farms our goal is to participate in creating a more sustainable food model and inspire an agrarian culture that conserves our landscapes, supports the health of its inhabitants and restores the vitality of a region that has thrived for hundreds of years. To accomplish this, we focus on the production of local, grass fed, pasture-based food to nurture our Bay Area communities and families. Meat is harvested and hand butchered at Marin Sun Farms Petaluma, a certified organic and Animal Welfare Approved humane facility. We sell our branded beef, pork, lamb, goat, poultry and eggs into the marketplace to accounts throughout California.
To Apply: Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com. Please include “Retail Butcher” in the subject line
No phone calls, please. Thank you.