Chef Line Cook
Point Reyes Station
Posted on 03/01/19
Position: Chef Line Cook
Reports To: PRS Shop Manager
Base Location: MSF Point Reyes Station Butcher Shop Restaurant
Send Applications to: email@example.com
The overarching responsibilities for this position will be to manage and execute all prepared food production, upkeep and keep clean equipment and kitchen space, and to participate as a motivated member of the Point Reyes Butcher Shop Restaurant team. The goal of this position is to ensure Marin Sun Farms’ continued success as a farm-to-table destination restaurant, in highlighting MSF meats and values, and in demonstrating MSF as a leader within the Bay Area Food community. The person who fills this position will be expected to excel in a number of areas – from food safety, vendor relationships/sourcing/produce/ingredients, recipe/menu development, preparation/execution of plated or packages foods, kitchen/equipment maintenance, décor/ambiance/customer experience, and in working collaboratively with other staff to achieve success.
Please understand that Marin Sun Farms is a small and dynamic business and all employees wear multiple hats. You will also be expected to cross-train with other team members to act as backup if someone is out and new responsibilities may be given to you as your workload permits.
- Prep for and execute on lunch and dinner service five days per week
- Collaborative menu development with owners
- Place and manage all food and ingredient orders
- Execute on prepared food retail items as needed
- Support all safety, quality assurance, and compliance programs.
- Conduct training sessions for facility personnel as needed.
- Manage and document the flow of technical data including recipe development and labeling information.
- Identify, Monitor, and Report on key quality assurance performance indicators.
- Cross-train with other team members to ensure resiliency in operations in the event of staff absence.
- Build successful working relationships with key managers and co-workers.
- Be prepared for dynamic job responsibilities, as we are a small and growing company.
SKILLS, SPECIFICATIONS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates will have a thorough knowledge of kitchen management, food safety, recipe development, meat handling and preparation, menu development, wine/beverage/food pairing, fast paced line cook order fulfillment, food/plate costing.
- Food preparation, chef, line cook Experience: 3+ years
- Restaurant industry experience: 5+ years
- Meat preparation experience is required
- Butchery experience a plus
- Food Safety Manager Certificate required
- Familiarity with HACCP and SOP
- Excellent self-managerial and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to self-manage
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Able to efficiently and effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities
- Competency with Microsoft Office Programs: Outlook, Excel, Word, etc
- Willingness to continue to learn new skills required to be successful
- Punctual and reliable
- Good physical condition
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Keen attention to detail
- Available to work all hours as needed
ABOUT MARIN SUN FARMS
At Marin Sun Farms our goal is to participate in creating a more sustainable food model and inspire an agrarian culture that conserves our landscapes, supports the health of its inhabitants and restores the vitality of a region that has thrived for hundreds of years. To accomplish this, we focus on the production of local, grass fed, pasture-based food to nurture our Bay Area communities and families. We sell our branded beef, pork, lamb, goat, poultry and eggs into the marketplace to accounts throughout California.
ABOUT MARIN SUN FARMS POINT REYES BUTCHER SHOP RESTAURANT
This shop is the MSF flagship location. It is where people go to have a firsthand experience with our company and with our local foodshed by enjoying an onsite restaurant prepared meal or in purchasing meat to prepare at home.